Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Saniya Protects Us All...

Hi, I'm Saniya and I went to Israel and Jordan for a few days over winter break.  I went to a lot of cities such as Jerusalem, Haifa, Zichron Yacoff, Tel Aviv, Jaifo, and more. I also went to the West Bank which was kind of scary. In Jordan, we went to Petra.  Petra is one of the wonders of the world. It is an ancient city that was accidentally discovered. It was carved out of rock and it's located on the slope of Mount Hor, which coincidentally is supposedly where Moses' brother Aaron was buried. It is a structure that has been around for thousands of years and is very well preserved. It was established in about 312 BC.  You have to walk over 1 mile to get to the Treasury then you have climb up about 100 steps or take donkeys up. When you get to the top there is another structure and you can stay up there for a while or take photos and then walk or take donkeys down. In the end the trip was really fun and cool and I got to experience other cultures.  I really enjoyed it.

What is a hamas?

On my travels I brought a souvenir called a Hamas for my classmates. A hamas is a palm shaped symbol that wards off evil and protects you. You can hang it up somewhere and it is supposed to keep you safe. Please be considerate of others and keep it away from your evil teacher.